Thursday, March 20, 2014

Made Me Smile

While trying my best to organize my photos on my hard-drive.  (I so flounder at this endeavor!)  I stumbled on a couple of pictures that made me smile.  Chuckled a bit too.

Just thought I would share.

If I remember correctly, it was towards the end of July.  It. was. really. hot.  Like over 100 with unmentionable heat indexes.
Summer days with long evening shadows.








A local farmer in the area who sells sweet corn, said I could glean his field for the "second ears".

Little guy and I headed out in the morning, but not early enough.  It was already hot.

With 5 gallons buckets and empty feed sacks, we picked and lugged the bounty out of field and to the truck bed.







We sported our wide brim hats.
The corn was shucked in the shade and then schlepped in the house to be "put up".

A few of the nicer sized ears were saved back for supper.
The bags of corn ready for the freezer.
Then the clean up process started.  What came in the house must go back out.

The remains from the process.  Best chicken treats around.

At this point, I remember wondering where Little Guy went.  I went in search and this is what I found.  


Fast asleep in his little tent set up in the yard.  He was pure tuckered out.

It was a good day, and I had forgotten it until stumbling on the photos.  

The recalled  memory will make the corn taste even sweeter for the rest of season.

No comments:

Post a Comment