Monday, January 27, 2014

Point to Ponder

Recently while reading the newspaper I came upon this article.



At the time I did not give it much thought.  Just got a thankful feeling.

Our motto of "lucky to live where we live" rang true in my ears.  Hugging my hot cup of Sunday morning coffee I thought of the quiet and solitude of winter here on the farm.

Then we began a firewood cutting frenzy.

After a couple afternoons of the wood cutting fest, I got to thinking.  Winter is not necessarily a quiet time around here.

Bare with my thoughts.

Sleet pelting all surfaces - especially noisy when hitting the hood of your Car hart

Endless discussion of where is the next "spot" to cut wood

"Thunk" of wood hitting the woodshed floor can send vibration from your toes to your ears

Perhaps there are a few of you who have never heard the sound of chainsaws at work or at least it has been awhile.  Let me share.

Hope we do not get fined for disturbing the peace of winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment